Cartoonish, pop-art inspired nail art was selected for Katie Eary’s London Fashion Week showcase. Created by manicurist Ami Streets, the look saw a hot red nail tone courtesy of iZ Beauty of London, complete with white detailing to create an animated effect. The design a super shiny finish to create a vinyl-like quality.
Katie Eary’s collection saw a collaboration with the girly cartoon characters, The Power Puff Girls, to create fun-filled, rodeo-inspired looks. The collection saw bold patterns and tomboy cuts in bright shades of aqua, greens and red – The Power Puff Girls’ colour trio.
Recreate the look with Ami’s step by step…
- “The first thing I always do when backstage is ensure all models hands are clean and fresh. Try iZ Beauty of London’s brand new Peppermint Hand Gel. I then ensure the nails have been shaped evenly.
- “Next, I applied a coat of the iZ Beauty of London Camo Coat. The base coat acts as a primer, smoothing any ridges to ensure smoother application of your polish.
- “I started the look by painting the nails with two coats of iZ Beauty of London nail lacquer in Hot Chilli.
- “Once dry, I then added a white stripe down the side of the nail to give the illusion they were 3D, using iZ Beauty of London nail lacquer, Competition White. I used a striping brush for extra precision and control. I then used a dotting tool for the dot at the end the line to ‘highlight’ the look.
- “Once touch-dry, I sealed the colour with a coat of the Gel-Effect Top Coat to add a vinyl-like gloss.
- “Finally, once all nails were dry, I massaged a couple of drops of the Mini Tropical Cuticle Oil around the nail.”
iZ Beauty of London products are available via Izabelle Hammon at www.izabellehammon.com
See more of Ami’s work by clicking here!