Entering The Great Scratch Shoot Out? The judging panel carefully score each entry individually to the following criteria. Read it closely – every point counts in a competition!
Don’t forget! Entry closes on 31 August 2018 at 5pm GMT!
- Instant impact
Does your image have a ‘wow’ factor that commands attention?
- Originality of concept
Is your theme and image striking? Is it unusual and creative?
- Execution of concept
From the styling to your model’s nails, has the whole look been well executed?
- Clarity of photograph and nails
Is your image clear and completely in focus? Are the nails well photographed? Is the whole image finished with post-production tweaks?
- Use of colour and lighting
Does the lighting fit your theme and ensure the image makes an impact?
- Nail finish
Is your nail design finished to perfection? Check they’re even in shape and form and pay close attention to the cuticles and skin surrounding.
- Nail design
Does your nail design fit with your theme? How have you brought your concept to life?
- Model,pose and positioning
Consider your model’s pose and hands – does it draw the eye to your nail design? Is your model a great fit for your concept?
- Overall styling
Look at your whole image. From the hair to the make-up to the costume, has every detail been considered?
- Cover worthiness
Can you see your shot on the cover of Scratch? If so, you might just have a winning image!
Want to find out more? Click here!
Terms & Conditions
- Entry us open worldwide
- The judge’s decision is final
- Entries must be 10×8” and 300dpi (hi-res). Images may be cropped to fit required dimensions.
- Multiple entries from one individual will be accepted
- Entries should be exclusive to the competition
- Entries are individually marked
- Every entry must be accompanied by an entry form, including entrant’s name, address and contact details