Scratch’s annual photographic competition is now open for entry!
Judged by the team here at Scratch, the judges will each be judging to a set criteria. This year sees a panel of judges including, Alex Fox, editor in chief, and Helena Biggs, editor, along with assistant editor, Kat Hill, and Scratch’s art editor, Jess Wilkie.
See if you can scoop a cash prize, trophy and a winner’s feature in Scratch magazine. This year, every entrant will receive a FREE digital subscription to Scratch as well!
- Instant impact: Does your image have a ‘wow’ factor that commands attention?
- Originality of concept: Is your theme and image striking? Is it unusual and creative?
- Execution of concept: From the styling to your model’s nails, has the whole look been well executed?
- Clarity of photograph and nails: Is your image clear and completely in focus? Are the nails well photographed? Is whole image finished with post-production tweaks?
- Use of colour and lighting: Does the lighting fit your theme and ensure the image makes an impact?
- Nail finish: Is your nail design finished to perfection? Check they’re even in shape and form and pay close attention to the cuticles and skin surrounding.
- Nail design: Does your nail design fit with your theme? How have your brought your concept to life?
- Model, pose and positioning: Consider your model’s pose and hands – does it draw the eye to your nail design? Is your model a great fit for your concept?
- Overall styling: Look at your whole image. From the hair to the make-up to the costume, has every detail been considered?
- Cover worthiness: Can you see your shot on the cover of Scratch? If so, you might just have a winning image!