CND™ serves up runway nail looks at 16Arlington’s SS24 London Fashion Week show
By Chloe Randall | 18 September 2023 | Events, News
Session nail tech, Sylvie Macmillan, headed to London Fashion Week to create intricate and dramatic nails for the 16Arlington SS24 show, using CND™ products.
The fashion brand, 16Arlington, is known for its dramatic fashion style and with a set brief, Sylvie created nail looks to match.
“Feathers are synonymous with 16Arlington, and this season, nails got the feather treatment too,” she comments.
“An iconic signature of the brand, the nails featured individual ostrich feathers encapsulated in clear CND™ Plexigel™. This mirrored the collection, with skirts and jackets featuring encapsulated feathers trapped in latex and silks. The hair and make-up were kept natural and simple this season, with the nails being the beauty feature.”
How to create the look:
1. Apply a layer of CND™ Plexigel™ Bonder to a clear press on nail, and cure in the CND™ LED Lamp using preset button 1.
2. Apply the ostrich feather to the tacky inhibition layer in the desired position.
3. Encapsulate with CND™ Plexigel™ Shaper in Clear and cure in the CND™ LED Lamp using preset button 2B.
4. File down any unwanted length, and file nail into desired shape.
5. Apply a layer of CND™ Plexigel™ Protector Top Coat and cure in the CND™ LED Lamp using preset button 3.
6. Apply the press on nail to the clean, natural nail using nail glue. Apply a drop of CND™ SolarOil™ to condition the natural nail and cuticles.