CIDESCO, the world standard for beauty and spa therapy has introduced a series of special months and awareness days to encourage its members to continually educate and improve their own careers, staff and businesses.
Starting with ‘Total Guest Experience’ month running throughout February and March, CIDESCO has created some tips to guide and help to improve the guest experience.
“Our guest’s experience should be at the forefront of our mind at all times,” comments Anna-Cari Gund, president of CIDESCO.
“Even when you continually perform treatments to a high standard and maintain a positive reputation, it is important to keep evaluating your service to make sure it’s the best possible, improving not only your total guest experience, but also raising the bar and standards in our ever-developing industry.”
CIDESCO’s Top 10 Tips for delivering the total guest experience:
- Keep the quality of their mindset at the front of your thoughts throughout the day i.e. ask how the guest is feeling.
- With any problem remember that you have only two options: to improve your perspective or remove yourself from the problem.
- Try to focus on the present. When you’re totally in the moment, delivering a treatment, both you and your guests have the most rewarding experience.
- First impressions really do count so ensure that your appearance and the attitude you project is presenting yourself in the best way – a way that you wish to be remembered and recognised.
- Remembering details about your guest’s last visit can help them to feel more relaxed and cared for – even the smallest detail about a conversation can help.
- Go one step beyond what is expected, which will not be the same with every guest but will be noted by each.
- Support your team in front of your guest or refer to the services of a peer which will remind your guest that there is an entire team dedicated to their experience.
- Taking sufficient breaks isn’t just important for the physical quality of the treatment and your concentration but also for your energy and social efforts.
- A genuine compliment should always be shared – you can help your guests to feel good in many ways.
- Your final words can have a lasting effect, especially after delivering a treatment on a guest. Be sure to make them count.