Offering nail technicians the opportunity to work when and where they want, Urban Massage is an app that is looking to transform the wellness industry.
Jack Tang founded the company in 2014 and had a desire to create something that could make beauty and wellness treatments accessible at the touch of a button. From this, he developed a platform that connects skilled professionals with people in need of some TLC, wherever they are.
Urban Massage aims to provide convenient and affordable access to treatments for busy city goers in a way that’s fair for the professional by ensuring the platform is convenient, flexible and profitable for them, too.
Services available via the app include 16 different types of massages, 12 types of nail services, osteopathy and facials in partnership with Dermalogica ProSkin60. Urban Massage vets each professional it partners with in order for therapists to visit homes, offices or hotels upon booking.
The app has launched in three cities across the UK – London, Manchester and Birmingham – as well as in Paris, with plans to expand further in the coming year.
How does it work for nail techs?
- Join the Urban Massage platform as a self-employed nail technician
- Set your availability via the app
- Potential clients will find your unique profile including bio and customer reviews
- Get booked and receive all the information directly to your phone
Why partner with Urban Massage?
- Earn well: receive up to 47% + tips per booking (75% of the customer price)
- Work when you want: no minimum or maximum working hours
- Work where you want: select your areas within London Zones 1-6 and beyond
- Urban Massage has partnered with CND and OPI
- 600 nail appointments have been completed in London since launching in November 2018
“I can honestly say that becoming self-employed and partnering with Urban changed my life,” says Anna, Urban nail technician. “As a mum of two, the flexibility of working when and where I want is perfect. No more long hours at the salon. All the clients are lovely, the Urban team is super supportive and I can count on advice at any time. Plus, you always get a chance to improve your skills with training they provide. Honestly, go for it.”
For more information, visit www.urbanmassage.com