How to boost voucher sales during the Christmas period
By Scratch Staff | 23 November 2019 | Expert Advice, Feature
Liz McKeon, beauty business expert at www.lizmckeon.com, reveals her top tips for boosting voucher sales…
The Christmas Season is always an opportune time of the year to make some profit for your beauty salon or spa and to increase beauty retail sales. Selling gift vouchers or gift cards is a great way to keep clients coming back and stay busy after the holiday season. Gift vouchers can prompt multiple appointments because the voucher has already been paid for.
Here are five top tips…
- Place gift vouchers around the salon. Use these items as part of the decor, so that clients are aware that gift vouchers are available. Change these items at least once per week to maximize exposure.
- Send an email newsletter to your database highlighting the benefits of gift vouchers. Announcements about gift voucher availability can help to increase voucher sales and promote your brand. Make sure to time your email distribution appropriately. A ten day lead time before the Christmas rush is a good starting point to help clients begin thinking about giving your vouchers as gifts.
- Make sure your salon contains information about gift vouchers. Ensure your website is up to date about how easy it is to purchase gift vouchers from you. Provide lots of information about gift voucher availability, highlighting the benefits of giving a gift voucher to your salon.
- Offer free gift wrapping. Clients and shoppers appreciate this extra touch and this step adds more perceived value to the purchase. Invest in some eye-catching envelopes, decorative ribbon or small gift boxes for your vouchers and turn it into a real ‘gift’.
- Include a coupon or offer with purchase. Give the giver a small gift such as a free product, a coupon for a future service they can use for themselves, or a salon voucher with a smaller amount already loaded onto it. Incentives to purchase a gift voucher can boost salon retail sales and encourage more clients to turn to you instead of a competitor when narrowing down the field of choices.
Selling gift vouchers regularly helps to secure your business and help to maintain a healthy cash flow. With the right marketing strategy it can help to promote your brand too.
Continue to focus on increasing voucher sales all year round and keep your appointment books full, even during the non-holiday season!